April 8, 2018

Il Massimo del Gelato, Milan, Italy


As a dessert on top of this Milan coverage, I give you, gelato!! And Mama Mia!!! THIS is THE place in Milan, possibly all of Italy for gelato.

I believe there name could have two meanings:
1. The owner's name.
2. Massimo also seems to translate to "maximum" or "highest", which I'd say is fitting here.


Tucked down a quiet street in the northwest side of town, it's an amazing place to taste and try all the gelato flavors you've never thought you could have:

Pera / Pear
Giandua / Nutella
Stracciatella / Chocolate Chip
Fleur di Latte / Flower of Milk
Mango
Pistacchio
Chocolate-Rum (Jamaican)
Spicy Chocolate (Azteco)
and so many more.

Just look...





I was only able to hit this place up three times during the week-long trip. Partly due to finding it late, and partly due to not planning properly. I would have gone everyday if I could have, and tried new flavors each day... still, I did alright...

Azteco (Spicy) Chocolate & Pistacchio

Straciatella & Giandua

Selfless selfie with my gelato "dealer" (she mans their register)...
I must also point out, like a Classic American, I went into this gelateria and placed my order without having Euros on me. Bonehead. I asked this nice older lady (mostly with visuals), "Can I use credit card?" No. "Can I use American dollars?" No. So, they actually let me take the first taste of their gelato without paying for it and told me to pay them the next time I came in. I went back the next day before dinner with some Euros and paid them. How about that though?!

And finally...

 Pera Williams / Cannella (Cinnamon)

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.